Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kvetch

Matt is traveling every single week in February, which happens to be a month that we have a ton going on. I realize he is working very hard to support this enormous family, however I begin to suspect the man of arranging work trips in order to get some R&R!. We talk late at night, after my long workday, plus marshaling and feeding our own kids, taking care of a church calling or two, and cleaning up the mess we call our kitchen, and I'm exhausted in the bed. He's watching a movie in a room that someone cleaned for him that very morning, no seminary wake up time on his horizon. I find I cannot be at all mature about this disparity.

I'm also getting a bit churched out, to be honest. I have responsibilities that are church related every single night this week, amounting to some twenty hours of being away from home. I figure I can skip the next month of Sunday church service with an even exchange of hours. Although I fear that may make me an idle and wicked girl, so I won't risk it.

Did I mention all the kids save one got the flu this past week? And has anyone forgotten I'm eight months pregnant?

I don't know if all that whining was cathartic, but I will cease and desist for today. I should mention that I'm VERY GRATEFUL that I did not get the flu myself--that may have just been the end of the world as we know it here in Poway.

5 comments:

  1. Hey girlie! If it helps any, you look awesome prego! Really! I say take the month off and risk the wild side of being "idle and wicked". (Frankly, can't see you playing the part, so it's not much of a risk!) :) Let me know how I can help. I can pick up your kiddos on the way to where ever my kiddos are going (usually the same place). You are awesome! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your going to be wild and wicked, I suggest waiting until you are not 8 months pregnant to do so (so you can really enjoy it). Does watching the musical Wicked count?

    I'm glad you didn't get the flu...can't believe everyone else did. I totally get the "poor husband doesn't get enough time at home" disparity.

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kim--Thank you. And I wasn't waddling :)
    @ Kalani--Wicked comes to San Diego in July . . . of 2012. Sadie's dying to go, so we'll do a 12th birthday thing with her. Wanna come?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may sound uncharacteristic coming from your mom, but did you consider the words--Matt is out of town and I just can't manage to do it this time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana! I love your blog! I was laughing out loud reading about mad madme mim and how it is tough to turn your body over to pregnancy being told "your legs look freaky." I can relate. At least once a day Lex tells me I have a big butt or that my butt is getting bigger and bigger!

    Also, had to laugh at thinking of Matt needing to leave the house for rest. Isn't it ironic how I'm sure he is homesick when he's away, missing all the excitement of home and you are envious of the quiet and clean?! So life goes!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete