Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back in the thick of things

My parents left today, ending what was two weeks of 'vacation.' Mom did laundry, cleaned my house, and held the baby while Dad took charge of clipping up branches and mowing my lawn. At forty years of age, I find that I still need my parents! I wish I could keep them for a while.

The other side of labor and delivery is a wonderful place, sleepless nights notwithstanding. Beforehand is all anxiety and self-doubt, discomfort and impatience; after is glorious! I've never run a marathon or climbed Mt. Everest (nor will I, either), but I think that feeling of I AM THE WOMAN! when those feats are accomplished is the same as the one I get after managing my own labor pains without any anesthesia. (Please sit down! No really, all that applause is just embarrassing! Autographs will be AFTER the celebration gala.) And besides my ego inflating, there is that tiny, soft little person to love and hold and share with grandmas and aunties. Yes, the view is much better after birth than before.

1 comment:

  1. This auntie is wishing she was close enough for a little snuggle time with Jared and hugs for/from all the rest!!

    ReplyDelete