Thursday, September 30, 2010

Exit 1st trimester, enter cold virus

Just as the energy started to return and the nausea to abate, I got a virus. It wasn't terrible, but it kept me on the couch with a drippy nose and a headache. I did a lot of sleeping and a good bit of reading, so it wasn't all bad. I started with a comfort novel or two--you can't go wrong with Austen, but when I finished Persuasion and Sense and Sensibility, I moved on to The Firm. WHY did I waste my time with Grisham? And worse, WHY did I continue to waste my time after I figured out reading the book would be a waste of time? Apparently, it is okay to cheat on one's wife, as long as it was someone else's fault (??), and she never finds out about it.

This is just the sort of reading a girl like me needs to avoid, in my weakened and unattractive state. Back to Austen, where men like that get all the punishment they richly deserve, and men like my husband get the girl . . . and happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment