Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mud, glorious mud!

The van got stuck in our yard two nights ago. I mean wheel-spinning, mud-spurting stuck. Matt and the boys spent a fruitless four+ hours trying all the usual tricks, before coming inside defeated. Triple A winched it out the next morning, leaving two deep, water-filled trenches by the orchard. Fortunately, I had three 8 and 9 year old boys here today, who knew exactly what to do with such a beautiful thing. After a couple of hours, we hosed them off, loaded the washer, and sent them to the showers. Mud+boots+a couple of shovels = boy heaven.

The teenagers are back in school. We know this because they come home and do homework for hours, fall in bed around one, and get up at five the next morning for seminary. Or, if they are Seth last night, they skip the homework part, fall asleep at three in the afternoon and don't wake up until seminary time this a.m. We're thinking growth spurt. The boy already complains that none of his jeans fit him, and he needs some new ones.

As for the pregnancy update, if I get nine hours of sleep a night, I'm good. I've just officially entered the third trimester, which means this sleep is interrupted every two hours so I can shift around to the less achy hip. I remember this pregnancy side effect, and not at all fondly. Whose idea was this, again??


No comments:

Post a Comment