Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tears and Laughter

Pregnancy hormones with pregnancy fatigue can produce tears and sadness. Plus, I've been adjusting to the new full-time daycare schedule, and lamenting the loss of sweet freedom, which makes me prone to feeling a bit blue now and again. All this means that for the last two weeks, I have finished up Thursday blubbering quietly to myself. I try to hide it from Matt, because it makes him feel guilty (provider guilt), but he notices anyway, which is worse, because not only am I crying, but I'm not talking to him about it! This week, however, I managed to make it through Thursday with my usual optimism intact, which I call a major victory.

Now if only I can get my doctor to quit mentioning that my weight "took another jump" since the last time I saw him. How much? I want to know. "Six pounds. But it was over the holidays, and it has been five weeks since your last visit." Psh. Six pounds, big deal. Talk to me when it's seven.

I'm taking a prenatal yoga class, which is my only form of exercise now that the daycare is using up all my workout time. It's pretty fruity, and provides me with some chuckles to combat all the weeping. As long as I make sure that I don't interfere with the flow of energy on the bottoms of my feet by keeping the strap up close to the toes, or accidentally send someone negative energy when I was supposed to be sending positive, I generally have a good class. It is just lucky I'm more inhibited than my sons, who recommend laughing out loud, then saying, "What? Oh, you were serious!"

2 comments:

  1. Poor sister! Why is it that hormones elicit so much weeping? In case you've forgotten, don't expect those to go out the window when he's born. My hormones are just now starting to behave themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember a recent incident of weeping on miss Cara's part too. I, on the other hand, hardly ever weep, except at church.

    ReplyDelete